Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Glass Wand

I received a $25 gift card and was excited to put towards an item I'd had my eye on for a long time: the mysteriously-named "glass wand". I saw a photo of this a few months ago and, being a fan of nubby and ridged dildos, instantly put it on my wish list.


It's made by a random, I assume German manufacturer listed as WHK GmbH. The package calls the toy a "Hygenically Glass Massager". I think the packaging makes this toy look like something you'd get at Spencer's, and not in a good way - black background, neon-colored letters. The glass wand is packed in foam and held in place with some wire ties. I have no idea what the deal is with this company. Still, I appreciated the lengthy description in the back, which tells you the "glass massager dong" is made of non-porous, hypoallergenic, tempered glass and is "seamless with an edgeless surface", among other things.


The glass wand is rather weighty and made of a highly reflective glass that makes it look opaque, but the toy is actually see-through. It's certainly an attractive piece, and all the nubs and shapes on it make for a promising solo session. The whole thing measures 8.5 inches, but all the "fun stuff" (bubbles, ridges) is 5.25 inches in length.



The packaging suggests: "Ice It Down, Heat It Up". A good idea, if I do say so myself. Although I couldn't stick this guy in the freezer for fear of weirding out my housemates, I ran it under some cold tap water for a bit before using.

I wasn't disappointed! Normally I prefer insertable vibrators to static dildos, but the hard, cold surface, weight of the toy, and the crazy shapes made for a fun time. I came quickly, and after removing the glass wand and relaxing for a bit, I inserted it again and came instantly. Instantly. Those ridges do wonders, let me tell ya. I will definitely be putting the glass wand into my regular rotation.

There were a few downsides, though, that prevent me from giving this toy 5 stars. Firstly, the nubs on the end of the toy sort of come to a point (see photo below). Call me crazy, but I kept feeling nervous that I'd be stabbing or hurting myself if I pushed this in too far. It forced me to be more gentle with the toy, and I didn't want to be gentle.


Second issue: as mentioned, the "fun part" of the toy spans about 5.25 inches. I couldn't access all of it. The last "bubble" would not fit in my vagina. It looks nice, sure, but it seems sort of silly that they made the ridges and shapes so long that I can't even use them all. Shouldn't this be designed for a woman's anatomy? Some women likely have longer vaginal canals, but there are few who could use this whole length. I was sort of disappointed about it.

I also tried vaginally inserting the other, smooth end of the wand but found it to be uncomfortable and almost painful. I'm sure some would find it highly pleasurable, but I don't tend to respond well to intense G-spot stimulation, which the upward curve of the smooth end certainly provided. If you like G-spot stimulation, you'd probably enjoy exploring both ends. You could probably also use it for prostate stimulation, but use caution as the other end isn't quite flared (although I'd be shocked if you got that whole thing stuck in your bum!).

Some final notes on cleaning and usage: glass can be cleaned with soap and water. I didn't have trouble cleaning all of the nooks and crannies. As for other uses, you could insert this anally (although I think it would hurt!), because there is a handle at the bottom. The wand also feels nice when rubbed on other parts of your body, especially when it's cold.

The next glass dildo I'm eyeing on my wish list: the blue swirl dildo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home