Friday, March 18, 2011

Blueberry Bliss

I got two vibrators in the mail earlier this week, and I'm going to start by reviewing the free one. EdenFantasys has been giving away vibrators with purchases in the New Year, and I snagged the Blueberry Bliss waterproof vibrator, by California Exotics, which sells a whole line of novelty vibrators with cute designs (leopard print? metallic? tattoo?), in addition to other products. Being that it was a free plastic toy, I didn't expect much out of it, and, like a one-night stand, we had a pretty good time together with no strings attached.


The packaging for Blueberry Bliss is as minimal as it gets. It literally came in a plastic sleeve, like something you win at an arcade, including only a slip of paper with a drawing showing how you put the batteries in. Not much excitement in the unwrapping of this toy.

Blueberry Bliss, true to its name, is made of a see-through hard blue (more teal than the blue on the website) plastic with only the slightest hint of a seam along the length of the vibrator, which I like. It's as close to one solid piece as it gets, nothing there to inadvertently scratch you. The curves are subtle and taper to a bulbous point at the end. It takes two AA batteries, not included. The vibrating feature is adjustable and controlled by a dial at the base.

I revved this baby up for some solo fun time. Let's get one thing straight about this toy. The Blueberry Bliss does one thing very well, and that is vibrate. I didn't care about the penetration - it's a slim toy that feels and handles more like a wand. I didn't care about the ridges - again, slim toy, didn't really feel them. But this thing vibrates. I stuck to the lowest setting pretty much the whole time and it was more than enough to bring me to orgasm. The tapered end of the toy is also great to pinpoint the vibrations on a specific spot (say, your clit or inner thighs). Again, this makes me think of it more like a magical handy-dandy wand than a traditional vibrator.

The Blueberry Bliss is a pretty bare-bones toy, in case you haven't gathered that by now, and as such it is also a relatively loud toy. On its lowest setting, it's not very loud, but I felt a little self-conscious turning it all the way up to its highest setting. However, as I've pointed out, the lowest setting was strong enough for me, so the noise factor may not be an issue for you.

Is this something I would've bought on my own? Probably not, but I think it is a powerful toy for the price. For beginners, it's a commitment-free way to ease into vibrators. For more experienced users, it's always nice to have a cheap toy you can take in the shower for some spontaneous throwaway fun. It cleans up easily too, as it's a smooth, hard surface with no nooks and crannies to trip you up.

One last point: by the end of my session I noticed the toy had heated up a fair amount, which I could feel at the base where the batteries were. Not enough for me to be uncomfortable, and I certainly don't think it presents a hazard, but it reminded me not to overwork it for too long.



product picture
Traditional vibrator by California Exotic
Material: Plastic
Safety:
Rating:
Vroom:
Bee:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home